How to Give Yourself A Scalp Treatment
Exfoliating your scalp is very important for normal, dry, and oily scalps alike. Sloughing off all that dead skin and buildup not only feels good and gives your scalp room to breathe, but it promotes healthy hair, moisture, growth, and shine!
What you’ll need:
For this treatment, all you will need is one of the following:
- a comb
- a boar bristle brush
- any assortment of comb or brush with fine abrasive bristles (ie. I’m using a teasing comb with natural boar bristles).
Optional: witch hazel or scalp serum. I’m using Pacifica’s Scalp Love serum, featured in my favorite scalp soothing products here.
- Section the hair as you work, starting by the neck and working toward the top.
- Take comb/brush and rub in circular motion in small areas across the section. Concentrate on driest and flakiest areas (ie. neck, behind ears, crown, and bang area).
- Once finished, apply witch hazel or scalp serum to scalp in same sectioning and massage.
- Shampoo and condition to remove debris.